Sunday, September 23, 2012

National Sketch Writing Month Sketch #22

Previous Sketches


Karma & Fred
by Colin Fisher

EXT. NEW YORK CITY STREET

It’s nighttime on a nice street in Manhattan, full of restaurants.  KARMA and FRED are walking down the street hand in hand, trying to decide what to eat.  She looks like a Wiccan hippie; he’s wearing a nice suit.

KARMA
How about Thai?  It’s my favorite!

FRED
Oh Karma, you know I’m allergic to peanuts.  They put them in everything!

KARMA
I’m sorry Fred, I totally forgot.  

FRED
It’s OK sweetie.  Brazilian steakhouse?  You know how much I love meat.

KARMA
But I’m a vegetarian!

FRED
Right, right.  

KARMA
We’re complete opposites!

FRED
That is the entire dynamic of our relationship, yes.

It starts to rain.

FRED
Oh shoot!  I forgot my umbrella!

KARMA
Who needs an umbrella?  Rain is just nature’s shower!  And I haven’t bathed in weeks!

FRED
It’s going to ruin my suit!  And my hair!

KARMA
Just let it happen!  You’re not your suit!  Or your hair!

FRED
Karma, I love your free-spirited nature.

KARMA
And I love your meticulous attention to detail.

FRED
But seriously I need to get under something.  This is a $3000 suit.

KARMA
Oh, right.

They duck under an awning.

FRED
How about we just catch a movie instead?

KARMA
I’m more of a reader, really.

FRED
We could walk the High Line.

KARMA
I’m a staunch anti-cultivationalist.

FRED
Right.  Well, any ideas?

KARMA
Wanna just go back home and fool around?

FRED
Karma, I’m gay.

KARMA
Right.  Why are we together?

FRED
No idea.

END

No comments:

Post a Comment