Sunday, September 16, 2012

National Sketch Writing Month Sketch #16

Previous Sketches


Febreze Commercial
by Colin Fisher

EXT. STREET

Like any other man-on-the-street commercial, someone just off-camera stops a passer-by who is definitely a mom.  The off-screen voice is male.

VOICE O.S.
Excuse me, would you like to play a game?  How much do you trust Febreze?

MOM
Oh, I love that stuff!  It hides the smells of the ethnic foods my husband likes!

VOICE O.S.
Let’s put it to the test, shall we?

MOM
Sounds fun!

INT. DARK ROOM

Close-up of the mom’s dimly lit, blindfolded face.  

VOICE
Now, what do you smell?

MOM
Umm, I smell laundry, and, like, springtime?

VOICE
Wonderful!  Now, take a look around you.

The mom takes off her blindfold, as the shot widens to show the contents of the room.  It is human carnage.  Body parts, splatters, pieces of people hanging from the ceiling.  The mom is pleasantly surprised.

MOM
Well whadda ya know?  

VOICE
I want you to make a choice.  Febreze, or the other leading brand of odor neutralizer?

MOM
Well mister, you better believe I’m going with Febreze!

VOICE
Excellent.

MOM
Now tell me, what do you find is the best thing for cleaning up blood splatters?  Because I tell you, I have the toughest time...

FADE OUT on their conversation, and

CUT TO a bottle of Febreze, with the mom out of focus in the background carrying on with the voice.

END

No comments:

Post a Comment