Monday, September 10, 2012

National Sketch Writing Month Sketch #10

Previous Sketches


HIGH SCHOOL IS EVERYTHING
by Colin Fisher

INT. SCHOOL HALLWAY

Slowly move in on BRIAN and DALE at their lockers.  A quick piece of music plays over the title “High School is Everything” so it’s clear this is a TV show.  Brian wears a letter jacket (is that still a thing?), clean cut All-American type.  Dale is smaller, somewhat less polished.  He wears glasses.  Obviously a cool kid though, whatever that means.  MIKE walks up to them, more or less a copy of Brian.

MIKE
You guys, I think Stacy already has a date for prom.  What am I going to do?

BRIAN
I don’t know man, I don’t think I’m the one to help you.  I was sure that Julie and I would be going together.  I mean, we’ve been going out for two years.  But she’s been...different lately.

MIKE
Really?  Maybe the glee club’s been on her mind.  This might be the first year ever that they don’t make it to regionals.

It’s clear that Dale is working something out in his head right now.

BRIAN
I guess that could be it.  I’ve been so preoccupied with the football team that I didn’t even know the glee club was having trouble.

MIKE
It’s all over the school, man.

BRIAN
Wow, I should talk to her.  But we have to get to this SAT course, stat.  The test is Saturday!  I’ve gotta get into Harvard!

DALE
Guys?

They stop and look at him.  He looks into the camera on this next line.

DALE
Do you ever wonder why adults give a shit about any of these problems?

Brian and Mike turn to the camera as well, questioningly.

END

No comments:

Post a Comment