Friday, June 10, 2011

New YouTube Channel

First, the introductory video:



Now, a little further explanation.

I've been hemming and hawing about doing something like this, mostly to collect everything I've shot and will shoot in one place. I had an idea that it could also include some direct-to-camera stuff, like this video (but like I said, with more structure and comedy--I promise--seriously). There are risks associated with that sort of thing though. I mention it in the video. You see a lot of people doing stuff like this on YouTube to varying degrees of success, and when it's bad, it's really bad. Would I have anything worthwhile to add? Am I revealing too much of myself to my tiny audience? Why can't I just try stand-up instead?

Well, fear, honestly. I don't get nervous when I act any more, really, but when I think about trying stand-up I just freeze. So this is a nice way to segue into that, perhaps. Or at least try something different.

In the end, I realized I always overanalyze things like this and once again was letting fear rule my decision, so I went ahead and got started. And here we are. I'm working on a sketch now that will be a nice addition to the channel. Hopefully you'll see it sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment