Thursday, July 22, 2010

Consequences Will Never Be The Same

Educate yourself if you don't get the title. It's worth it if you have the same masochistic fascination I have with what "the kids" are doing these days.

It's been a while huh? May 27th was the last post. The Fart Blanket bit didn't go over as strongly as I'd hoped, though the Asian comment spammers sure are eating it up. I'm rejecting about a comment a day on that post. Are you aware of this practice? It's apparently a job over there to post completely random comments to any blog you can find, I assume to somehow get people to click to your site. Communism = job creation, people. Nothing wrong with that.

So the point of this post is to tell you to bear with me for a while, as I try to get back into the swing of doing this while changing my MO. Commenting on pop culture fluff can be fun from time to time, but there's only so much I can say about Justin Bieber that a million other bloggers aren't saying. I want to be funny, and I want to be personal, and I want to avoid navel gazing. I have bad enough posture as it is.

I guess I'm trying to find my identity as a blogger, and by god if there's a more indicative phrase of our times I don't want to hear it. What I do want is to kick myself in the teeth for saying it, but it's true. But it's not about blogging. Here's what I do: I'll do something in a creative little spurt, like shoot a webseries or take a class or be in a play. Then I'll go a long time without any of that, to the point that I have no idea why I'm even getting out of bed (because I'm certainly not replacing that time with any sort of money-making practice). Then I start to lose my mind a little, so that I'm forced to engage in something like this. What this really is, is playing it safe and testing the waters for some sort of real comedy. Standup, sketch, probably not improv. Nothing against it, well, maybe a little, but I can only be a geek about so many things.

SO, manifesto finished, let the hilarity begin. Now. No, wait...now.

No comments:

Post a Comment